Well today was the derby, not my preferred outcome :P
But I had to go to tuition first and the derby was aired at 3pm and tuition finished at 3.30 :( And to make matters worse people had to photocopy two pages from my book cause they all use a different one and then the stupid lady was doing other things and it took like 10mintues to photocopy 2 pages for 4 people!!!
I walked outside of the tuition place (while on the phone to melissa complaining about the slow people and so she could tell me the score :P) there was this big white board that said THE DERBY and stuff about how its screening in the room and stuff and i was like OH MY GOSH. So I turned around and saw this HUGE projection of the game in this really dark room! So I stood there watching through the glass door :P Then this lady came up to the door, dunno why. But she saw me and smiled and opened the door and said "You should come in and support the eagles!" (i was wearing my eagles scarf at the time :P) So i walked went in to watch the lovely game for a while, then the slow people gave me my book back and i ran out to the car and told dad to DRIVE! haha.
Footy is so lovely. It brings people together. That lady invited me in to watch even though she knew nothing about me because I was an eagles supporter! I've had many comments/guestures made to me when i've been wearing eagles gear (scarf, guernsey or whatever eagles gear!) none have been negative, the closest thing to a comment being rude/negative was "You're wearing the wrong colours" :P And the person who said it to me didn't know me either! Of course there have been negative comments and guestures, like my mate little cousin getting pie thrown at him, but i have never experienced it. Then there was the person on the train when it was going past me to stop and Rach, Kavi and I were going on the train to get to the game, he did the thumbs up sign to us! And soo much more. Man i love footy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment